We engage in learning opportunities, conduct research and site visits, and collaborate with colleagues and partners to determine grantmaking opportunities. We value our relationships with partners in our priority areas and encourage them to bring promising new ideas and programs to our attention.
The Trustees have a desire to honor and support J.B. Fuqua’s core interests while remaining fluid in terms of recognizing and addressing current societal needs. Also,
- Our Trustees are most interested in giving in communities in which they live and are closely connected. Currently, grants are primarily made to organizations serving Metro Atlanta.
- We focus on grants that create or enhance high impact programs, strengthen organizational effectiveness and/or have the potential to influence systemic change.
- Types of support include project/program grants; capital; and general operating /ongoing programs on a limited basis. We also provide challenge grants to help leverage additional dollars.
- We look for high-performance leaders with an entrepreneurial spirit. We strive to create supportive relationships with our grantee partners, recognizing they are the ones on the front lines effecting positive change.
- Grants are not made to individuals, religious organizations, political projects, or media projects.
People should visit the cemetery more often-Everyone there is created equal - the rich, the poor, the famous, the infamous. What people accumulate in this world is no good to themselves and society unless it’s used. So many good causes need funding.
Though we only accept applications by invitation, we like to learn about organizations which are a strong fit with our funding priorities. If you believe your organization qualifies, you may submit a one-page document describing your organization and how it is a strong fit and send by email attachment to The J.B. Fuqua Foundation. If we are interested in learning more, we may contact you for further information.
Please note that we are not able to respond to all inquiries.